Highway NewsLatest UpdatesTopicsAll ItemsSearch

« Back to previous

PRINTING FROM THE INTERNET.

I have tried to print a coloured table from the internet and have been informed I have to turn on the background colour in my browser. I have printed the table and it has come out in black and white. Please could someone advise me how to turn the background colours on. Many thanks

Joan on 12/3/17
Chris R Anthony on 13/3/17
This was found on the Microsoft Technet web site.

"All major browsers support it (Google, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), but Microsoft Edge does not allow users to print background color of web pages. I've looked through all the Settings (basic and advanced) and do not see this option that was previously in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know of a registry setting I may add to have Microsoft Edge print the background colors of web pages? Seems like such a basic thing. I am surprised it has been removed from the interface."

I have found that I can set background printing on in Firefox and Chrome.

Joan on 16/3/17
I have now downloaded Firefox and have been able to print the table complete with the background colours. Many thanks for your help Chris.
You must be logged in and approved as a forum user to discuss.

The Highway Forum is a place where you can find out what is happening in the world of technology and Highway itself...

How to use the Forum
Forum Guidelines
Ask us anything?

Registered users only…. type your question here and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible...