Highway NewsLatest UpdatesTopicsAll ItemsSearch

« Back to previous

Telephone scam

My mother has just received an automated phone call which said it was from HMRC. That they were filing a law suit against her and to press 7 for further information.She was very upset but fortunately put the phone down. Are you aware of this scam? I have Googled it and many people have been caught out and lost money.

Anne on 9/8/16
Chris R Anthony on 11/8/16
We are aware of this scam. The advice has to be, put the phone down and if possible report it back to the relevant authority. Most major banks and the Government now have departments dealing with fraudulent telephone calls. I can report that I was rung by my bank yesterday, and was informed that I should ring a number to get further information. As I was highly suspicious of this call, I rang my bank and was told that nobody had rang me. I was immediately put through to the "Scam Department" who took all the details and said that they would investigate further.

Peggie1 on 4/9/16
This week I received an email scam on my iPad from Coca Cola saying I'd won a million pounds. I used the Hilas information to send the email onto Action Fraud.
You must be logged in and approved as a forum user to discuss.

The Highway Forum is a place where you can find out what is happening in the world of technology and Highway itself...

How to use the Forum
Forum Guidelines
Ask us anything?

Registered users only…. type your question here and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible...