Highway NewsLatest UpdatesTopicsAll ItemsSearch

« Back to previous

anne luckett

I have been making a family tree for some years on ancestry, I would like to put my work onto my computer. would a free programme be good enough or should I buy one. I have a Family tree creator that is about 10 yrs old and was used on an old computer but not this one, would it be to out of date?

Anne1 on 10/2/17
Phil on 11/2/17
Hello Anne
I would recommend the latest version of Family Tree Maker. I do believe that older versions struggle to run on Windows 10. People that I know also have a subscription to an online search website like ancestry.co.uk.

I will ask two of our most experienced genealogist members and ask them to give me the latest advice.

Anne1 on 13/2/17
Thanks Phil
I do have the ancestry subscription but want to end it and keep my work which is why I want to find the best option. I have been on a site that compared different programs and one was offering a free option that appeared to be recommended,.
Ancestry has a video on Family Tree Maker in help, although an email from Phil suggest they no longer support this. Are these programmes only on line as I have not found them at the shops?
Anne
You must be logged in and approved as a forum user to discuss.

The Highway Forum is a place where you can find out what is happening in the world of technology and Highway itself...

How to use the Forum
Forum Guidelines
Ask us anything?

Registered users only…. type your question here and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible...